Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The National Opera House turned Steelpan Academy

First and foremost, please excuse my lack of blogging during the past week or so... one word. Finals.

So anyways... for one of my larger projects this quarter I have been working on the restoration and transformation of The National Opera House located in the Homewood area of Pittsburgh, PA. The National Opera House is a non-profit organization with 501(c)(3) status, whose primary goal is to restore and maintain the original National Negro Opera House in order to teach culture through arts and music to the youth of its local communities. The programs of the Opera House are designed to create a bridge between members of the community of every age, race, background, and interest through music. These goals will be achieved through the creation and operation of the first school for steelpan performance in the state of Pennsylvania. For more information on this historic building, or perhaps to donate please refer to the following link! http://www.nationaloperahouse.org/

For my design proposal I have focused on first restoring this building as much as possible to it's original state and really focusing on the Queen Anne style elements in the architecture of the building, and then applying that over all look to my interior designs with a more updated, transitional style and decor! Check out my proposal boards below to really get an idea of my vision for the space!



Enlarged 3D Renderings

No comments:

Post a Comment