Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Be BOLD

No room for scaredy cats here! This inspiration board is my idea of what is hot and fantastic RIGHT NOW!  Mix, mix, mix! Pattern, pattern, pattern! Texture, texture, texture! Be BOLD. This look is all about mixing and matching, but also being able to find that common ground. My common ground is black and white. It ties everything together and makes everything work beautifully with one another regardless of the pattern. You do want to have some variations. I first started with my “inspiration” fabric. This happens to be the beautiful purple patterned one I have chosen to put on a chair. I wanted to keep my sofa clean but I needed some interest so I chose a grey textured upholstery with sort of a rustic, canvasy feel, grabbing ones attention but not stealing the show. I needed some fun… so BOOM! Zebra upholstered square ottoman!-Creating the perfect marriage between the sofa and chair. For my drapery I knew I wanted something airy but I also wanted to pull in one last pattern… ta duh! Gorgeoussssss black, white and grey airy floral print drapery set upon my punch of color… LIME GREEN accent wall!-Perfect complementary color! The hard part is over, accessorizing is easy breezy! I chose some fab accent pillows, and a funky frame, mirror and vase of fun flowers turning this space into a BOLD but beautiful seating area! Fun right!?


No comments:

Post a Comment