Saturday, February 26, 2011

Need some inspiration for SPRING 2011!? Check out my style watch board for the lastest & hottest trends of the season!


SPRING 2011: I tend to be a lover of both fashion and interior design, and I truly believe the styles, trends, colors and textures of each season in some way go hand in hand. I mean seriously look at that amazing 60's inspired dress by Michael Kors, mix it with Jessica Simpson's to die for turquoise platform sandals and... HELLOoOo~ the "shagadelic" bright floral print chair by Pier 1!!!... Seeing the similarities yet?! I know you do...With that said, another hot, hot trend is the soft blues, greens and neutrals with pops of color and patterns such as the living room scene to the top of the board and that adorable Pottery Barn pillow! I love how the pillow works both with the Pier 1, almost country style dining set AND the "shagadelic" contemporary/retro style Pier 1 arm chair... *tying it all together!* As you can see from this seasons spring inspired paint colors I pulled from Benjamin Moore, this whole color scheme works so well with one another! Alrighty my guys and gals, with that said... Have fun with color this season!

OMG! How could I forget to mention that amazing silver metallic end table!? SO CUTE right? And so in!
*Designer's Tip*: To get this look (so easy!)...
1.) Find any old table that you find cute in shape but lacking in color or finish.
2.) Lightly sand off the first layer of the piece and any rough patches creating a smooth finish.
3.) Apply a spray paint primer. (I tend to use Valspar)
4.) Allow for proper drying time as suggested on the bottle.
5.) Apply a silver metallic spray paint finish (again, I know Valspar carries this finish) and allow for proper drying time.
6.) TA-DUH! You just created this amazing look for so cheap!... and so easy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment